MY SECOND HOME
Why Choose Malaysia?
- Malaysia My Second Home Programme is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to allow foreigners who fulfill certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry social visit pass. It is basically a long-stay programme that allows the participants to live in Malaysia and not worry about their short term visa renewals;
- The Social Visit Pass is initially for a period of ten (10) years, and is renewable. Applicants are welcome to stay here for 365 days a year without having to leave the country because the visa renewal can be done in Malaysia;
- It is open to citizens of countries recognized by Malaysia, regardless of race, religion, gender or age. This programme allows applicants to bring with them their spouses, parents and children;
- Foreign spouses of Malaysians and expatriates who wish to retire in Malaysia after expiry of their Employment Passes are also eligible to apply to stay in Malaysia on this programme;
- Freedom to travel, maintain original citizenship. There is no minimum stay requirement;
- You are free to enter and leave the country anytime;
- Enjoy a luxury lifestyle at a fraction of the cost of living in the West. It is a very affordable place to retire early;
- Applicants are allowed to bring their spouses, unmarried children below the age of 21 and parents above the age of 60 as dependents. Applicant’s parents who are over 60-year old will be eligible to live in Malaysia under a special 6-month social visit visa renewable as long as your MM2H visa is valid;
- Successful applicants enjoy incentives such as tax exemption on car import or purchase;
- Tax exemption on income remitted into Malaysia;
- Children’s study passes;
- Bringing in own maid and belongings;
- Approval for house purchase.
Obtaining approval to qualify:
- Must have regular monthly income;
- Must show liquid assets: (Over 50 RM 350,000.00 @ US$ 108,813.00 ; Under 50 RM 500,000.00 @ US$ 155,447.00);
- Usually need Fixed Deposit in Malaysia: (Over 50 RM 150,000.00 @ US$ 46,648 Under 50 RM 300,000 .00 @ US$ 93,338.00).
Who is applying?
- Retirees – coming to live here;
- Vacation home buyers;
- Parents to educate children;
- Expats with jobs outside Malaysia;
- As contingency visa.
The Malaysia ‘My Second Home Program’ (MM2H) Steps:
- Apply direct or use an approved agent;
- Over 180 approved agents – (“MM2H”);
- Listed on Ministry of Tourism website.
MM2H – Key Elements:
- Ten year multiple entry visa;
- Can work part time – 20 hour p/week;
- Can own business in Malaysia (not work full time).
- Tax free car;
- One foreign maid;
- Offshore income tax free;
- No requirement to stay in Malaysia;
- No requirement to buy property;
- No requirement to remit funds to Malaysia.
- Money Factor – Affordable place for retirement & living;
- Strategically Located between East and West Asia, international shipping crossroad, access to 6.46 billion population within 5 hours via air travel;
- Tropical Climate, cool weather in the highland to sandy beaches;
- Well Developed Infrastructure – Highway, LRT, International Airlines Direct Flight and excellent transport network;
- Stable Political Climate;
- Multilingual Advantage – English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil etc.;
- Young and Growing Working Population (67.3% of 15 to 64 years, 27.6% of 0 – 14 years based 2010 population of 28.3M);
- Good Travel Infrastructure – PLUS Highway, Air transportation and logistic connection easily and affordable;
- Sound Basic Infrastructure & Amenities – Water, Electricity, Telephone, Internet & Satellite TV etc.;
- Affordable High Standard Educational and Healthcare Facilities;
- Multi Racial Mix – Malays, Chinese, Indians, Ibans, Kadazans and many ethnic groups living in peace and harmony;
- Cultural Diversity – Gastronomical paradise and colourful festivals;
- Religion Freedom – Islam official religion. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and Sikhism among others, are also practiced freely;
- Golf Haven – 200 golf courses comes at good value for quality;
- Away from Natural Disaster Zones – strategically located away from the earthquake belt and the Pacific Ring of Fire;
- Repatriation of Income is Allowed;
- Parliamentary Democracy with Constitutional Monarch based on British Law System – Sound and Independent Legal System;
- International Events – Monsoon Cup in the East Coast, Langkawi International Maritime and Air Show, Malaysian F1 Grand Prix and the Rainforest World Music Festival, Sarawak, MICE etc.;
- Sound Financial Market & Strong Currency;
- Malaysia reached 21st position, registering improvements on World Competitiveness Report 2011-2012;
- Healthy Property Investment Market – Malaysia Housing Market fares positively with general year to year uptrend [5.3%-07, 4.7%-08, 1.5%-09, 6.7%-10, 9.9%-11 (9%- Q111, 10.6%-Q211, 9.9%Q311 & 6.6%-Q411)];
- Stable and fairly cheap borrowing cost, up to BLR – 2.4% for housing loan;
- Steady economy growth rate in range of 5.1% (BNM Report 2011), 4-5% for 2012 (forecast based on BNM Report 2011);
- Liberal attitude toward foreign participation and ownership to make Malaysia high income nation by 2020. Services sector liberalization with allow 100% foreign ownership (27 sub-sectors 2009, 17 sub-sectors 2012);
- Economic Transformation Programme (ETP), O&G, InvestKL, Greater Kuala Lumpur (GKL) such as SBK-MRT (RM50B);
- Low Cost of Living – Subsidies of essential items fuel, Free Water (20m3) in Selangor;
- Variety of Accommodation and Location – KL, Penang, KK etc.;
- Relative Safety and Security such as Gate and Guarded Community and Condominium environment;
- Food Paradise – International fusion cuisine to local Malay, Chinese, Indian delicacies from fine dining to hawker stalls;
- Retail Haven – Shopping Paradise offering lifestyle concept malls with duty free on luxury goods. Annual Mega Sale Carnival;
- Quality Entertainment at affordable price, moderate policies;
- Other Activities – Warm weather all year round such as driving, rain forest, highland resort, theme park, ecotourism etc.;
- Livable Community & Environment.
For more information please contact our office by completing the form on the right, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us +9714 294 1213. Our office is opened Thursday to Saturday (6 days a week) from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.